It is quite difficult to develop an effective training program on your own, so we have prepared all the necessary materials and recommendations for you in such a way that you not only achieve your goals, but also have fun. After all, crossfit at home for women should not only be useful, but also be a joy – then the result will be maximum.
Required training equipment
Before starting the classes, you need to decide what tools we have for this – what we can prepare and what not.
In its simplest form, you don’t need anything at all. You will be doing bodyweight exercises. However, it should be borne in mind that you will not be able to progress endlessly this way, and the same exercises will be boring. Therefore, you can start without additional inventory, and then gradually buy something from the lists below.
It is advisable for every girl to have the following sports equipment (especially for beginners) when doing crossfit workouts at home:
- Rug. You will also thank us when you start your abs exercises. You can, of course, replace it with a blanket folded in half, but exercising on a gymnastic mat is much more comfortable and enjoyable.
- A pair of collapsible dumbbells. If desired, they can be replaced with auxiliary means: a backpack filled to the brim with books, or plastic bottles, inside which sand is poured. But better not, do not forget about the fact that you need to enjoy sports, otherwise you will not be enough for a long time.
- Jump rope is an ancient “mammoth” of home workouts, familiar to our mothers and grandmothers. And for workouts at home, it is an absolutely irreplaceable tool. There is one but: when working with a rope, it tends to knock on the floor, and your neighbors may not appreciate it. Try using a so-called fast rope, it is thinner and much less noisy.
Wouldn’t be superfluous
Next, there will be a list of very useful devices for women’s crossfit exercises at home, which will help diversify the training:
- Fitball. The gym ball can be used for a variety of plank modifications, crunches and hyperextension.
- Pull-up bar – yes, you shouldn’t neglect upper body workouts (you also need a special elastic band for the horizontal bar if you can’t do pull-ups on your own).
- Low sturdy box. But if you want to jump, you can replace with high jumps in place.
Exercises for homework
Let’s take a look at all the exercises that are suitable for girls to work out at home. Traditionally, we will divide them into those that can be performed without and with equipment.
Exercises without inventory
- Sit-ups and V sit-ups (these are exercises for the press from a prone position and a book – below will be an explanation).
- Squats (classic, jump, pistols – on one leg).
- Corner (it can also be done on the floor).
Important rules of crossfit training
Before you jump into a crossfit home workout program for women, take a look at the essential rules of the sport.
Attention to beginners: in CrossFit there is such a thing as scaling exercises. This means that you can perform any exercise in a simplified form. Despite the fact that the load is reduced, you are pumping the same muscles as when following the classic execution technique. Once the muscles have been strengthened, you can move on to the harder option.
Consider your physical fitness
Consider your fitness when scheduling. If you run in the morning or work out with iron in the gym, it would be optimal to do 2 days of training (for example, jogging on the first day and crossfit on the second) + 1-2 days of rest. True, there are fans who are ready to practice 3 times, but this option does not allow you to free up the weekend. In addition, you may not have time to recover, which will nullify all the benefits of exercising.
If, while exercising in a group under the strict guidance of a professional crossfiter, you would not have to draw up a training schedule, then at home training you cannot do without it. Of course, performing the program on your own, it is somewhat more difficult to tune in to systematic work on your body and develop discipline. Important: there should be at least 2 workouts per week, optimally 3.
Be sure to alternate a sports day with a rest. This will allow your muscles to fully recover from intense workouts. In addition, it is the absence of days free from CrossFit that leads to depletion of the body and overtraining.
Warm up is our everything
Never neglect a warm-up. Only 5-7 minutes, but all these monotonous movements, familiar to you from physical education lessons, will help protect muscles and joints from possible injuries. You also need to focus on the fact that stretching should never be done before CrossFit (however, this also applies to banal strength training). Your muscles have not yet warmed up, so there is a high chance of injury.
But after passing through five circles of hell, you can devote a few minutes to the so-called hitch. This can include light cardio for 10-15 minutes, or slight stretching for those muscle groups that have been working out.