The disproportionate deposition of subcutaneous fat on the outer thighs is one of the main female problems. Even slender girls suffer from the appearance of “ears”. This effect spoils the aesthetics of the figure and is bad for self-esteem. In this article, we will analyze the reasons for the increase in the breeches and give recommendations on how to remove the ears on the thighs at home.
Excessive fat deposition on the legs is mainly manifested in women. Lower body fat is associated with the onset of menopause. Due to the restructuring of the hormonal system, the female body stores nutrients in the form of subcutaneous deposits. Menopause is genetically determined and can occur at different times, even before the age of 30.
Another reason is being overweight. Fat women are more prone to the formation of problem areas than others. They develop fat “traps” – places of accumulation of fat that are difficult to influence sports and diet. In such situations, doctors usually recommend thinking about surgery.
Low physical activity is one of the main reasons for the appearance of “ears” on the thighs. A sedentary lifestyle and movement mainly by car contribute to the formation of a pear-shaped figure – narrow shoulders, thin arms and a massive bottom. In addition, lack of physical activity affects the development of cellulite.
Hereditary predisposition also often becomes a factor in excess fat deposition on the outer thighs. A woman can lead an active lifestyle and follow a healthy diet, and the shape of the lower body will still be far from ideal. As a rule, the problem is solved by additional procedures (massage, spa, etc.).
Well, the main reason is high-calorie food. Excess food with a high glycemic index (GI) leads to the deposition of subcutaneous fat. The most dangerous for the figure are sweet and flour products. It is carbohydrates in combination with low physical activity that contribute to the appearance of problem areas on the thighs.
Nutrition for weight loss
To get rid of excess weight , and, therefore, “ears”, you need to qualitatively revise your diet. A healthy, low-calorie diet accounts for 70% of fat loss success. We offer recommendations from nutritionists who will help start the process of losing weight.
Exclusion of foods with a high glycemic index
The human body contains several types of adipose tissue (visceral, functional, reserve, structural). We are interested in reserve fat, since it is this fat that is deposited in problem areas – on the hips, buttocks, and waist. This type has a very dense consistency and therefore is extremely reluctant to be consumed by the body to replenish energy reserves.
The deposition of reserve fat is associated with the glycemic index of the foods consumed. The indicator characterizes the quantitative absorption of glucose. “Complex” carbohydrates are broken down slowly and gradually raise blood sugar levels, which allows the body to maintain a steady energy balance. “Simple” carbohydrates, on the contrary, stimulate a sharp jump in glucose.
High blood sugar causes the pancreas to produce insulin. It is a transport hormone that transports glucose into cells. But insulin also has a negative property – it inhibits the secretion of growth hormone, a hormone responsible for muscle growth and burning of subcutaneous fat. Therefore, if you want to lose weight, you must exclude foods with a high GI.
Sweets, chocolate, biscuits, ice cream, white sugar, soda, cakes and pastries have an increased glycemic index. These foods are the main obstacle in keeping your blood glucose levels low. Because of them, the pancreas works “for wear and tear.” As a result, insulin resistance can develop, which subsequently leads to diabetes.
The body distributes energy reserves in two directions – basic and consumable. In the first case, reserves are used to maintain natural functions: metabolism, respiration, heart function, brain activity, etc. In the second, energy is spent on physical activity during the day. Therefore, food should be supplied in sufficient quantities, but not exceed the limits at which it will be deposited in subcutaneous fat.
To control nutrition, we recommend calculating your own “equilibrium point” – the level of calorie intake at which the body does not gain weight and does not lose it. To calculate this figure, divide your diet into 5-6 snacks. Make one menu and eat according to it every day for a week. If at the end of the experiment your weight does not budge, then you have found the “balance point”. If the weight has increased, adjust the diet in favor of reducing calories until you achieve consistent results.
After you have found your individual “balance point”, gradually reduce the daily a diet with a “step” of 100 kcal or add physical activity. So you will gradually create a deficit, in which all internal functions will work stably, and the body will have to use body fat to maintain physical activity.
Note that you should not expect quick results, especially if you before that they ate mainly bakery products, cakes and other sweets.
If, after reducing the calorie content within a month, there are no positive changes in weight, you should tackle the qualitative composition of the diet. Avoid bread and pasta. Get carbohydrates from buckwheat and unpolished rice. Natural proteins are important for weight loss. Therefore, instead of sausages, eat chicken, fish, eggs, red meat, cottage cheese. Avoid spreads and margarine. Eat only natural butter and vegetable oils.
Exercise for weight loss – workout plan
Aerobic training is believed to be the best for fat burning. But in fact, disciplines such as running, aerobics, exercise on a stationary bike, group step classes, as a rule, give poor results and are suitable only as an addition to strength training. It’s all about stimulating the hormonal system. During cardio, anabolic hormones are not produced, so such exercises have low productivity in terms of weight loss.
On the other hand, resistance training. Such loads put stress on the muscles of the body. When performing intense strength exercises, there is an increased production of anabolic hormones, which actively stimulate lipolysis – the breakdown of fat cells. The fat droplets then enter the muscle fibers as an energy source. So, gradually, the athlete gets rid of excess weight and cellulite in problem areas.
The female body works differently than the male. This is due primarily to the menstrual cycle. The first 12-14 days after menstruation, a woman feels an influx of strength and energy. At this time, she is allowed to load the muscles of the body as much as possible. After ovulation, the female body reduces energy expenditure by about 2 weeks. Only light exercise should be done during this interval. Thus, training for girls should be periodized.
We offer an example of a training plan that provides for the features of the female body.
The first 2 weeks after menstruation:
You should train 3 times a week. The duration of the breaks between sets is 60 seconds. Before each exercise, you need to perform 1-2 warm-up sets with a minimum weight.
For the peace of mind of our beautiful readers, the program does not include a basic element for pectoral muscles – classic bench press, as it is believed to have a negative effect on breast volume. This is a popular myth, which we covered in detail in the article about the features of the bench press for girls.
The next 2 weeks after ovulation:
- Back, biceps : pull of the lower block to the stomach (sitting) – 4×15-20.
- Triceps, partially chest : bench press with a narrow grip – 4×15-20.
- Shoulders : overhead dumbbell press (sitting) – 4×15-20.
- Cardio load : electronic track (running at a low pace or walking) – 30 minutes.
Number of lessons – no more than three per week. Rest between sets – according to your well-being. The working weight of the shells should be reduced by 25-30%. If you feel that you have not had time to recover from a previous workout, skip the class.
We conclude the chapter with a piece of advice for girls – do not be afraid to build big muscles and lose femininity. Without the use of synthetic anabolic hormones, you will not be able to significantly increase your lean body mass. In the female body, the secretion of testosterone is 10 times weaker than in the male. The lowered hormonal background will not allow “swinging” to the level of professional athletes, even when using strength training.
Precautions for varicose veins
Many overweight and sedentary women suffer from varicose veins. The disease is characterized by the occurrence of pain, swelling, heaviness in the legs, as well as an increase in veins and the formation of “stars”, which greatly impair the appearance of the lower extremities. To remove the effect of breeches on the hips and at the same time not aggravate the disease, you should adhere to the recommendations below:
- Refuse power squats and jumping movements. This will help relieve the pressure on the vessels.
- Try to do the exercises while sitting or lying down. This will relieve pressure in your legs.
- Use an elliptical instead of a treadmill. It does not shock the lower limbs.
- Replace running with athletic or Nordic walking. It will also help relieve harmful stress on your lower legs.
- Use medical compression hosiery to reduce discomfort during training.
In the later stages of varicose veins, it is prohibited to engage in any strength training. Swimming is recommended to keep the body in shape. The gentle resistance of the water masses will create a safe load on the muscles. Going to the pool regularly helps to improve your well-being and cheer up.
Many girls are embarrassed to work out in fitness rooms. For them, we have prepared a special set of exercises for the outer thigh, allowing them to get rid of the hated “ears”:
- Warming up. We bring our feet together, we squeeze our hands into the lock in front of us. We make a right-sided lunge. We do not linger at the bottom point. We rise sharply and immediately take our straight right leg to the side. Do 15 of these reps, then change sides. When doing it, keep the spine from rounding.
- We go down on all fours and squeeze a dumbbell (2-3 kg) in the inner knee bend of the right leg. Exhale and raise the right thigh to parallel with the floor. On inhalation, we return to the starting position. At the lowest point, we do not put the knee on the floor, we keep it suspended. We repeat 20 times. After that, we put the dumbbell aside and do the same lifts, but at half the amplitude and without weight. Then we repeat all movements with the left leg.
- Lie on the right side. We bend the “lower” leg, stretch the “upper” leg, slightly bring it forward and hold it on weight. We take a dumbbell and press it to the middle of the thigh. We substitute the other hand under the head for convenience. Exhale and lift the “upper” leg as high as possible. On inhalation, we gradually lower it. We don’t put our feet on the floor. Avoid jerking movements. Do 25 reps, then remove the dumbbell and do 20 more no-weight lifts. Then we turn over onto our left side and train the other hip.
- We put a pillow on a stable chair and lie on it with our chest and stomach. The pelvis should remain in place. We bend our legs, we spread our knees, and, on the contrary, we bring our feet together. The pose resembles a frog. We firmly wrap our hands around the seat of the chair. Exhale and raise both legs as high as possible. We try not to separate the feet from each other. While inhaling, we smoothly lower the limbs, but do not touch the floor with our knees. Do 25 reps.
- Move to all fours again. On the side, a meter away from ourselves, we put a chair. We take the thigh to the side and straighten the leg under the seat, then bend it and raise the lower leg over the seat. We do not lower the sock to the floor, keep the limb suspended and perform movements. We make 30 assignments, become the other side and repeat the exercise.
- Lie on one side and substitute the elbow as a support. We put the “lower” leg on a chair and tear the pelvis off the floor. We straighten the “upper” leg and bring it forward a little. Exhale, raise the upper limb. On inhalation, we lower it. We do it 20 times. When performing, we keep the pelvic region on weight. Then we turn the other side and repeat.
After completing the complex, rest for 3-4 minutes and do it again
We recommend that you gently stretch your thigh muscles between exercises. To do this, use the following position: kneel down, press your buttocks to your heels, bend forward and put your hands on the floor. Stretch for 30-40 seconds.
Exercise according to the presented program 2 times a week and beautiful slender hips are guaranteed to you.
By itself, massage is ineffective for correcting the outer thighs. It is recommended to combine it with regular exercise and a low-calorie diet. There is an opinion that a person who has never played sports can aggravate the condition of the problem zone of breeches with massage movements. Therefore, we recommend that you first tone the whole body, and only then include anti-cellulite massage in your weight loss method.
If you are a trained athlete, perform the procedures immediately after training and shower. The only thing you need is good oil. It is recommended to mix essential oils and special massage formulations. So you will not only work out the problem area, but also improve the condition of the skin.
For example, if you mix grape seed and cypress oil, we get a phlebotonic agent that improves the condition of the vascular network in varicose veins.
First, apply the oil and spread it over the thigh. Then rub the composition into the skin with stroking movements. After that, you can start massage. The main condition is to massage in the direction of the lymph flow. For more information on techniques for influencing the problem area of the thigh, you can consult a specialist.
Alternative ways to lose weight
In addition to all the listed methods of eliminating “ears”, the services of beauty salons should be mentioned. For example, wrapping procedures are very popular. The advantages of such techniques are the greenhouse effect and the therapeutic effect of a special composition on the skin.
In addition, spa salons offer shock wave therapy. The procedure is based on the destruction of fat reserves using sound waves. We are skeptical about such techniques, so we cannot recommend them unequivocally. The decision to use or not is entirely yours.
Surgical intervention is the cardinal way to reduce fat deposits on the thighs. Such procedures should be used only in extreme cases, when neither training nor diet helps. Consultation with a doctor is required.
Liposuction (removal of subcutaneous fat by pumping out of the body) is considered an effective technique. The procedure has its own contraindications, so it is not suitable for everyone. It should be added that after surgery, it is necessary to strictly follow the diet and exercise regularly. Otherwise, the “removed” pounds will quickly return.
Remember to smile
A positive attitude and a healthy lifestyle are very important in the process of body shaping. If a woman goes in for sports, eats right and at the same time maintains a cheerful mood and an optimistic outlook on life, then she achieves results much faster.
Psychologists recommend never to get discouraged, even if you train hard and follow a strict diet, and the reflection in the mirror practically does not change for the better. Success in losing weight largely depends on your mood and self-awareness. Love yourself for who you are. This will help to establish peace of mind and soothe adverse internal dialogue. Having achieved this state, you can not only lose weight, but also achieve any goals in life.