Fitness is a wellness system aimed at maintaining and improving physical performance, body shaping, weight normalization. In order for fitness classes to bring the desired effect to beginners, you should familiarize yourself with a number of recommendations and tips. This will avoid common mistakes, achieve an improvement in physical fitness without any harm to health.
General information about fitness
It is not enough just to exercise regularly in the gym, it is also necessary to pay increased attention to proper nutrition, that is, to follow a fitness diet. Most begin to practice fitness in order to lose weight and shape their figure. You can get this result only if you completely change both the daily routine and the menu, excluding harmful products from it, replacing them with healthy foods.
You can exercise in the gym or at home. The main thing is that training, regardless of the venue, will help solve not only the problem of excess weight, but also prevent the risk of developing or cure many systemic disorders and diseases.
Through fitness you can achieve :
- a significant improvement in the condition of blood vessels and heart muscle;
- getting rid of joint pain;
- curing spondylosis, osteochondrosis, sciatica, scoliosis and other pathologies of the spine;
- normalization of metabolism;
- stimulation of the body’s healing processes.
Fitness helps to cope with depression and some other mental disorders without resorting to taking medications. This effect on the body is due to the production of serotonin, which occurs during exercise. This special connection causes joy and satisfaction with life in the human brain. It is found in most antidepressants.
The concepts of fitness and health have the same meaning. Systematic exercise is aimed not only at maintaining muscle tone, but also preventing apoptosis – premature genetically determined cell death. This phenomenon is one of the main causes of aging. In other words, a person practicing fitness gets the opportunity to prolong youth.
Types of fitness
This type of physical activity has several varieties, each of which is intended for certain categories of people, solves specific sports or health goals. There are strength and gentle systems, male and female types of fitness.
Along with the above, there are the following varieties:
Popular area of fitness, which includes dance, kick, slide and water aerobics. Exercises performed to music correct the figure, develop a sense of harmony and rhythm, and have a beneficial effect on the respiratory system.
A set of exercises based on calm, smooth, slow movements. It does not involve high loads. Its main advantages are the absence of any contraindications to exercise, low injury risk. Pilates exercises strengthen muscles without pumping up, increase flexibility, make joints more mobile.
This system is based on the principle of correct breathing when performing all exercises of the complex. Bodyflex is ideal for people who want to get rid of extra pounds, helps to normalize metabolic processes in the body.
It consists in performing a variety of exercises with a special ball. Ideal for those wishing to correct posture, improve coordination, tighten the buttocks, strengthen the back muscles.
A relatively new kind of fitness, whose style was borrowed from boxing and Asian martial arts. Classes are held under energetic and invigorating music, requiring a huge amount of energy, strength, endurance from a person. An hour’s tibo workout is comparable to a ten-kilometer run.
How to get started with your fitness routine?
Fitness should not be viewed as incredibly hard and exhausting work that needs to be done in order to achieve the cherished goal – an ideal body. You don’t need to perceive training as a tool for achieving high results in sports. An exceptionally positive mood, getting positive emotions from the process, should be paramount. This is possible only if the training program fully meets the set goals and corresponds to the physical capabilities of the person.
In many modern health clubs, you can go through a procedure such as fitness testing. It is held under the strict guidance of a specialist – a sports doctor, who needs to provide all information about the injuries, diseases, including chronic ones, and the general state of health.
A sports doctor, based on the information received, selects a suitable program for the client training, gives advice on which activities are completely contraindicated, and which, on the contrary, contribute to early recovery.
The specialist measures heart rate and pressure, such physical parameters as weight, height, chest circumference, hips, waist. Some clubs offer a stress test, that is, taking a cardiogram during rest and under conditions of increased stress.
Choosing the right fitness program for beginners is choosing a system that is not capable of harming your health. You need to start doing that kind of fitness that will fully correspond to all physical capabilities. When classes are held with a personal trainer, they are not only more productive, but almost completely eliminate mistakes and excessive overtraining.
The club in which the classes will take place is also important. Before purchasing a subscription, first of all, you should familiarize yourself with the reviews of the institution, paying special attention to how good the professionals work in the health and fitness club.
Tips and tricks for beginners
They are quite simple and consist of seven points:
- Do not treat fitness as a hobby. This is a complete workout … You should not give slack, skip classes because of a bad mood or because of laziness. If you indulge your own weaknesses and attend workouts irregularly, it will slow down your progress.
- Don’t be afraid of mistakes. After all, they learn from them.
- plan a schedule. Exercise should be at least three to four hours a week.
- Excessive zeal during exercise will only result in overtraining of the muscles and prevent the body from recovering rest days, will reduce the effectiveness and efficiency of subsequent trainings.
- Failure to adhere to a special diet will minimize all efforts and efforts. Attention requires not only nutrition, but also adherence to the correct drinking regimen that replenishes the spent fluid.
- It is imperative to you need to encourage yourself for each stage passed in the training process.
- You must be in constant contact with your coach, keep a diary, writing down the instructor’s advice and recommendations.
A set of exercises for beginners
Experts recommend the basis of classes at the initial stage do three exercises:
- Aerobic . Aimed at training blood vessels and the heart – walking and running in place.
- Strength . Designed for the development of a specific muscle group, including lifting a small weight.
- Flexibility. These should be static, slow, fluid exercises. If you overdo it, you can damage your ligaments.
Training should start with a good warm-up. This warms up the body, improves blood circulation, and reduces the risk of injury.
Fitness at home
You can train not only in the club, but also at home. The main thing is to correctly and competently approach planning. Experts advise purchasing sports equipment such as a treadmill, dumbbells, fitball, and a mat for home workouts. At home, you can do exercises that involve your own weight, such as lunges and squats. The only drawback of such classes is the lack of a coach.
Who is contraindicated in fitness classes?
Moderate physical activity is usually suitable for everyone. However, when starting training, it is best to consult with a specialist. There are a number of medical indications for which you can do fitness in a sparing mode or completely abandon training:
- infectious diseases;
- increased body temperature;
- malignant neoplasms;
- the presence of endoprostheses;
- psychological pathologies;